The following are specific guidelines and requirements for Holy Family Child Care center during Pandemic conditions:
DROP OFF/PICK UP:
- No parents/visitors may enter the building.
- Only two entrances will be used:
CHILD CARE – BACK DOOR BY RAMP/GARAGE (do not use main Parish office door) PRESCHOOL- SAME ENTRANCE AS BEFORE AT ELEMENTARY BUILDING
PLEASE NOTE: DOOR CODES ARE DISMANTLED!
- Times for drop off/pick up are now limited. Please choose same times daily. Drop off hours will be from 6:30 am until 9:00 am only. Pick up is from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm only.
- Doors will be manned by parish staff for entry/exit.
- Please keep 6 foot distance while waiting.
- Temperatures will be taken upon entry and twice throughout the day. No one with a fever of 100 degrees or higher will be permitted to enter the facility. Anyone at 100 degrees must be picked up IMMEDIATELY (isolated) and wait 48 hours after fever stop to reenter the center. It is advised you carry your own thermometer with you. Staff member will sign in/out, gather belongings and escort child to and from room. Children will not be permitted to return until they are fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication.
- We ask that the same person drop off/pick up for consistency. Parents and caretakers who are dropping off or picking up should wear face masks where safe to do so and preferably gloves, if possible. At pick up, report to the door. Staff member will bring child to you. Staff member will ensure child’s hands are washed before exiting. Parent information will be given to you at exit. It is safe practice to change child’s clothing and rewash hands when you arrive home.
DURING THE DAY:
- Children will be expected to follow rigorous handwashing/disinfecting procedures including without limitation washing hands upon arrival, after toileting/diaper change, after contact with bodily fluids, after returning inside from outdoor play, after handling pets or pet objects, before eating, after water activities, when visibly soiled, and prior to departure. Children will be grouped at or below required ratios with same teachers.
- There will be assigned bathrooms and sinks to be used.
- Is optional for children over two years to wear face covering. Parent is to provide the mask. Children under the age of 2 will not wear a face covering.
- No stuffed animals or toys are to be brought in from home. Can still bring blanket and pillow There will be assigned seating.
- Anyone who is symptomatic or exposed should be reported to the Administrator, immediately so that the individual can be isolated.
- Anyone who has been in contact with someone confirmed or probable to have COVID-19 must complete isolation or quarantine procedures in coordination with the local health department prior to returning to the program.
- Children’s movements and locations will be tracked throughout the day. We are aligned with the local Health Department and will notify the Department of Job and Family Services of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 among children or staff.